Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Neem Tree – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Azadirachta indica which is commonly known as neem tree all over the world, is a tree that belongs to mahogany family Meliaceae. It is one of two species in the genus Azadirachta, and is native to the Indian subcontinent, i.e. India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Maldives. Neem is a tree that grows fast and usually reaches a height of 15-20 m, and if 30-35 m if gets favourable conditions. As a rule it is a evergreen tree, but under extreme circumstances, such as extended dry periods, it may shed most of nearly all of its leaves. The branches spread widely. It can be planted using seeds, seedlings, saplings, root suckers, or tissue culture. However, it is normally grown from seed, either planted directly on the site or transplanted as seedlings from a nursery.
Instruction for planting:
- It can be grown in low to higher(50 C) temperature. But min temperature should not be less than 5 °C.
- Put the neem seeds in the pot and then cover the seeds with soil, lightly patting it around the seed.
- Seeds will germinate within one to three weeks.
- After a duration of about three months the tree must be transplanted from pot to ground.
- Neem tree can be grown in clayey, saline, alkaline or any type of soil up to pH value of 8.5.
- Watering of plants with an organic fertilizer like liquid fish emulsions should be done.
- Neem trees grow slowly in first year but will reach maturity fast. Fruits can be harvested after three to five years. And tree will be grown to its full production in almost 10 years.
- The average lifetime of the neem tree can be 150-200 years.
- Neem plant should not be over watered.
Instruction for care:
- Do not use garden soil in place of potting soil as it is not sterile and holds more water than potting soil.
- Neem needs little water and plenty of sunlight.
- It grows in a region where the rainfall range is between 450mm to 1200mm.
- Do not place the tree in hot sun for long hours at the time when plant shows sign of growth.