Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Wedelia, Sphagneticola Trilobata – Plant
Rs 499.00 Rs 249.00
- Reviews (1)
Wedelia is a flowering plant genus in the sunflower family. Wedelia is a plant that has some very mixed reviews, and rightly so. While praised by some for its small, bright yellow flowers and ability to prevent erosion, it is also reviled by others for its aggressive spreading tendencies. It is a mat forming perennial herb with rounded stems. People like wedelia because of its beautiful flowers and its fast growth habit. Plant creeps and roots at nodes, making a dense ground cover. Grows best in moist, well-drained, fertile soil, but does fine in poor soil as well. Quite adaptable in tropical climates. Wedelia is very good for soil retention and erosion control. Plantings are very attractive with bright yellow flowers all year round. Wedelia plant care is extremely low maintenance. It will grow and thrive almost anywhere as long as the weather is warm enough. The plant is extremely tough and can handle pruning almost down to the ground.
Instructions for planting:
- Wedelia has a vine-like habit and will grow up into shrubs and trees.
- It requires well drained and little bit moist soil.
- The best way to start growing Sphagneticola trilobata is through cuttings, seeds and vegetative reproduction.
- This plant roots at it’s leaf nodes and spreads quickly.
Instructions for care:
- It will require regular trimming along the edge of the groundcover bed to control its spread just like other creepers.
- The plant prefers full sunlight.
- The soil should be kept moist at all times but not soggy.
- It needs to be pruned to keep the growth in check.
- It breaks easily and should be kept away of foot traffic./li>