Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Thunbergia Laurifolia – Plant
Out of stock
- Reviews (0)
Thunbergia is a popular ornamental vine in the tropics. And this is the desirable feature of this plant that it can be used as ornamental flowers. This can also grow in mediterranean desert, subtropics, temperate or tropics climate. Thunbergia is native to India, Malaysia and Burma. It is known as Kar Tuau in Malaysia. Its leaves are heart shaped with jagged leaf margins. The flowers do not have heavy fragrance. It grows in the form of perennial herbaceous climber having tuberous roots. They are blue- violet coloured bisexual plants. These grow almost throughout the year with flowering openings in the morning and closing in the evenings on the same day.
Instructions for Planting:
- This Plant needs moist soil for good growth.
- The plant is easily spread through its seeds and pieces of its nature of tube roots which can grow and develop to form new plants.
- They propagate through seeds in the tube form.
- It is a day blooming vine and its propagation is from stem cuttings.
- It is a fast growing plant as it can become exotic weed in many tropical countries.
- It can be used as a medicine to cure deafness.
- It can also be used as antidote for detoxifying poisons.
- They are normally planted outdoors.
- For good growth, it requires acidic soil which contains fertilizers.
Instructions for Care:
- Waste Plant matter should be properly discarded to prevent escape from cultivation.
- Needs fulls sun for ideal growth.
- Watering is necessary and water should be of moderate temperature.
- It can tolerate hard pruning if possible.
- You need to feed it fortnightly or monthly with a flowering fertilizer to boost flowering.