Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Schefflera – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Schefflera is also known as Umbrella Plant , Parasol Plant and Octopus tree. If you want to have easy growing plant for which can’t take any stress then, you can go for this. You can grow this plant even in our office or room. It is an attractive and beautiful looking plant to please the environment and to lighten up the dull places. This plant is popular for its variable size , it does not require direct sunlight , but it needs warm ideal temperature. Schefflera Arboricola is flowering plant , family named Araliaceae. It is smaller version of Umbrella tree. It has evergreen shrub of 8-8m tall, the leaves are palmately compound with 7-9 leaflets. The leaflets are 9-20 cm long and 4-10 cm broad.
Instructions for Planting:
- Take a cutting of around 5 cm/2 inches and place it into similar soil that the parent should be growing.
- You need to remove the growing tips in spring and you can use them as propagation material.
- At places , when temperature is mild, it can be grown as landscape plant.
- They have creamy-white to yellow edges or can have yellow centers.
- This plant is soil based, you need to let the plant to be first adaptable to new soil before continuing any fertilization.
- It can also be grown outdoors, their favorable soil is humus rich soil.
- Be sure the growing tip is facing upwards and not into the soil.
Instructions for care:
- Use a fertilizer of normal strength to feed the plant on regular basis to certain the growth of plant.
- Do not overfeed the plant. Stop feeding when reaches its desired height.
- Their Favorable temperature is between 15 degree C/59 degree F to 27 degree C/70 degree F.
- It can become very tall and large in size but you can trim it to keep it short and disciplined.
- You need to keep away pests like spider mites, scale insects etc. to keep your plant healthy.
- Do not overwater otherwise problems like root rot can cause.
- Keep your plant moderately moist.
- Keep the leaves rinsed free of dust and debris.
- Be careful where you install it, as the roots are dense and strong.