Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Sansevieria Trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant
- Reviews (0)
Sansevieria trifasciata is a species that belonged to the category of flowering plant and belongs to the family of Asparagaceae, native West Africa and Congo. It is most commonly known as the snake plant, mother-in-law’s tongue, and viper’s bowstring hemp, among other names.Sansevieria trifasciata is commonly called “snake plant”, because of the shape and sharp margins of its leaves. It is also known as the “viper’s bowstring hemp”, because it is one of the sources for plant fibers used to make bowstrings.It is an evergreen perennial plant forming dense stands, spreading by way of its creeping rhizome, which is sometimes above ground, sometimes underground. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a basal rosette. Mature leaves are dark green with some light gray green patches.
Instruction for planting:
- There are 3 ways to propagate snake plant. One is with the rhizomes which spread, second one is with division and last one is leaf cutting.
- To plant a snake plant tree, take a green and healthy leaf and cut the leaf into 3-4 inches segments keeping track of the upward and downward side.
- After cutting the segments, insert the cuttings into fresh potting soil in such a way that they are right side up.
- Spring is considered to be best for propagation else can be done in summers or falls too but is not that much good. Propagation should not be done in winters.
- Repot the plant only when it starts breaking the pot.
- Plant should be kept within the temperature between 40º and 85ºF.
- You can use an organic succulent and cactus mix but a good potting soil will do too.
Instruction for care:
- Bright sunlight should be provided to snake plant but direct sunlight should be avoided.
- Even light exposure should be provided to the plant for which you can turn the pot quarterly.
- Water the plant in winter when you feel leaves are drooping and the pot feels dry.
- Water at room temperature should be used to water the plant. It will be better if water is either distilled or it is rainwater.
- Always water the plant from the corners and never water the plant from the center portion.
- Fertilize in spring with a 20-20-20 fertilizer mixed in a watering container.
- If leaves of the tree gets dusty then wipe the leaves with damp cloth.