Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Portulaca, 9 O Clock (Yellow) – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Portulaca (Portulaca grandiflora), also known as the sun rose or moss rose is an alluring low growing ground cover type Plant. Native to Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, this beautiful plant grows upto 8 inches tall. These easy growing flowers are Ornamental in nature and are used to enhance the beauty of the Garden.
The leaves of the Portulaca (yellow) plant are thick and fleshy and arranged in a small cluster. The plant is called 9 o’clock flower because of the fact that the flower opens up at the same time every morning. These wonderful plants will help attract butterflies in your Garden.
Instructions for Planting
- Portulaca (Yellow) Flowers grows easily in almost any kind of soil, but it is preferable to grow them in sandy and well-drained soil.
- The Portulaca yellow flower should be planted in an area receiving full sunlight.
- 1 or 2 inches of sand should be added to the soil if it contains too much hummus.
- The area should be raked with the help of a garden rake and a flat and even surface should be created. A fine mist sprayer should be used to moisten the soil.
- Before sowing the seeds sand should be mixed with the seeds thoroughly.
- The germination of seeds will take place within 10-15 days if the temperature remains warm enough.
- Portulaca (yellow) does not like their roots disturbed, so proper care should be taken when transplanting seedlings into the garden.
- While Planting, the Portulaca (yellow) seeds are not required to be covered and if covered then very lightly as they need the sun to sprout and grow.
- Portulaca (yellow) Plants grow well in the hot and dry environment. So, It should be ensured that the plant gets proper Sunlight.
- The plant should not be watered regularly as it retains the moisture very well.
- One word of caution, the area around the Portula Plants should be properly monitored to keep portulaca plants from becoming invasive to areas where they are not wanted.
Instructions for Care