Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Passiflora Incarnata (Purple), Krishana Kamal – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Passiflora Incarnata or Krishna Kamal is a very beautiful flower. It blooms in purple and white combination. It is also available in pink and white combination. Krishna Kamal is known as a complex flower with around 10 cm diameter. It has five sepals and petals which are similar in appearance. It is surrounded by a corona of purple or blue filaments. Then it contains five greenish-yellow stamens and three purple stigmas. Krishna Kamal looks like Rakhi which is used in India on the occasion of Raksha-Bandhan.
- It is a rapidly growing vine
- Passiflora Incarnata or Krishna Kamal blooms in summer
- Its flower is fragrant
- It is used as a medicine for insomnia, anxiety, hysteria, bronchial asthma, and seizures
Instructions for planting:
- If it has been grown through seeds then seeds must be soaked for 12 hours in warm water for indoor use
- Germination may require a year
- It requires nutritional rich and well-drained soil
- It needs a strong support. It is a vine and get heavier when grows high
Instructions for care:
- It requires annual pruning
- It requires full sun for growth exposure ideally for outdoor plant
- For indoor Krishna Kamal, grow it in a bright light but avoid full sun