Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Miniature Rose, Button Rose (Red) – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Miniature roses are perfection on a small scale. Miniature roses are smaller versions of larger roses. Miniature roses grow to full size quickly and they flower all season long. Miniature roses are actually pretty tough plants. They’re always grown on their own roots, which gives them greater hardiness in cold weather than many other types of roses. They grow well indoors or out and are useful in areas where space is limited. Miniature roses are great in containers.They make lovely borders and are perfect for those with a small yard or balcony.
Instructions for planting:
- Plant the rose in a hole with the same depth and a foot wider as the pot it came in.
- Carefully remove the rose from the pot and gently loosen the roots.
- Use a sharp knife to score the sides of the root ball and try again to loosen the roots.
- Add some organic matter to the soil in hole, if needed.
- Place the rose bush in the center of the hole, with the roots spread out.
- Fill in the hole and firm gently.
- Thoroughly water the newly planted bush and put a layer of mulch.
- Miniature roses should get five to six hours of direct sun.
- Turning the plant from time to time will encourage even growth.
- Regular fertilizing is essential since mini roses continue blooming all season.
- Feed when the bush first leafs out.
- Feed after each heavy flush of bloom.
- Stop feeding about 6 – 8 weeks before the first expected frost.
- Provide at least an inch of water each week.
- During hot, dry spells you will need to water more frequently.
- Be sure to water deeply, so that the soil is wet at least 12 – 18 inches below the surface.
- To keep the plant safe from fungal diseases, avoid getting the leaves wet during humid weather.
- Prune miniature roses just before new growth starts.
- Hard pruning is not necessary. Prune dead or broken wood first. Then trim back about a third of the plant to maintain its shape and encourage new growth.
Instructions for care:
There are no reviews yet.