Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Ground Orchid, Spathoglottis Plicata (Purple) – Plant
- Reviews (0)
Spathoglottis plicata is a vernacular of southeastern asia. It is a common species of orchid which blooms throughout the year. It has attractive broad leaves with distinguished parallel veins. These plants are found in seasonally overwhelmed areas and also in moist areas. It is listed as ‘endangered’ in Australia . These flowers are in purple to white, pink and magenta shades.They are also known as Ground orchis. In tropical climates, these can be undesirable species. Their favourable temperature is moderate summer, they may go drowsy at winter times.
Instructions for Planting:
- Even some people grow them in dirt but they like simple and less compacted growing medium.
- They like heavy light and blooms throughout the year.
- 60-70% amount of humidity is ideal for growth.
- Their favourable months for ideal growth are july and august.
- They need to be separated from large clump and should be planted in separate pot.
- Enrich the soil with a mixture of garden soil, cow dung and leaf moulding before planting.
- Growing medium should be according to so that roots can spread easily.
- We need to do good amount of watering during growth.
- They should generally be kept in the 25 – 30 degree range. They will not survive in freezing temperatures.
Instructions for care:
- You can put them outside at winter times just for the warmth and summer in cool weather.
- Do not put them in direct sunlight to be on safe side.
- It is very important to let the plant dry before watering.
- Fertilizers can be used to increase the speed of growth.
- It should be watered regularly.
- They need full sun to medium shade and sometimes partial shade in winters.
- It is necessary to remove dead foliage regularly.