Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Bougainvillea (Pink) – Plant
Bougainvillea is a species having bushes and thorny bushes and trees having leaves which looks like flowers. There are about 18 species of this genus. They are mostly grown and found in Brazil, Argentina,India, Colombia, Panama, Venezuela etc.). The species are thorny and grew between a height of 1 to 12m. They can vary from being deciduous to being evergreen. The color of flower is white and is very small in size and is surrounded by a group of three to six leaves which are of bright colour like pink, magenta, etc. This plant is almost pest free but sometimes it can also suffer from worms, snails, etc. Bougainvillea is a most popular ornamental plant which is found in the regions having warm climates. It is a vine that looks like shrub and is large in size. It will grow well in coastal areas having warm climate.
- It can be grown in pot as well as ground.
- It can be grown in the temperature range of 60-100 degree Fahrenheit.
- This plant needs rich soil that is acidic with pH value between 5.5-6.
- Dig a hole nearly as deep as plant’s root ball.
- Add fertilizers having high phosphate content which can help to promote root growth and helps in blooming of the flower.
- Then take the bougainvillea plant and tickle its roots and wet the roots and plant it in the pot or ground.
- Do not cover seeds with large amount of soil. Soil which is needed for germination should be laid on the seeds at the time of planting.
Instruction for planting:
- It needs at least 6 hours of full sunlight.
- Do not overwater and do not water less. Let 2-3 inches dry before watering the plant.
- Put the plant indoors in winter season because it can’t survive the harsh weather.
- Well trained potting mixture should be provided with good amount of perlite.
- Excess fertilizers should be avoided.
- Fertilizers should be provided once in a month in spring and summer season.
Instruction for care: