Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Bird of Paradise – Plant
Rs 669.00 Rs 459.00
- Reviews (0)
Bird of Paradise flower is one of the most attractive flower. Its scientific name is ‘Strelitzia Reginae’. Every name has a meaning therefore, there must be a reason behind bird of paradise. When this flower is in full bloom it looks like brightly colored birds in full light. It resembles a bird’s beak with the petal of the bloom flying upward as the plumage. Its leaves are bluish green with a red midrib.The petals of a bird of paradise flower are of brilliant orange set off by its intense blue arrow-shaped tongue. This exotic flower signifies excellence, success, and happiness.
Instructions For Planting
- If you are planning to plant a bird of paradise in outdoor, then the soil in your planting bed need to be depth of 12 inches.
- To enrich the soil and to promote good drainage you need 4 inches of rich compost or other organic material.
- You can also plant a bird of paradise in pot. You need a large clay pot with rich, loamy and potting soil. Don’t forget to mix a tablespoon of bone meal to make the soil even more productive.
Instructions For Care
- Birds of Paradise need a good amount of sunlight. Bright light is highly recommended to make them grow faster.
- Temperature is very important criteria. They need a temperature in the lower 60s during night and during day time temperature in the 70’s are ideal.
- The directly cold or hot air will surely damage your plant. Therefore, make sure that they are not directly affected by a heating or air conditioner vent.
- The quantity of water the plant needed is depends on the pot size and how dry/moist the soil is. But on average should not watered them more than 4 times per month.