- You cannot add "Oregano - Plant" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Note: The images are for reference purpose only.
Planter is not included.
Annona Squamosa, Sita Phal ( Grown through seeds ) – Plant
- Reviews (2)
Annona squamosa, the sugar-apple, or Sita Phal, is a species in the Annonaceae family. Widely known for its fragrance and flavor this juicy fruit is native to Tropical America. The fruit contains more vitamin C than an Orange. Sita Phal is a cold-intolerant, semi-evergreen shrub. The Annona Squamosa tree reaches up to 8 meters (26 ft). The Plant may start flowering and bearing fruits at 2-3 years of age. The bark and leaves of the tree contain annonaine, an alkaloid and are used for various medical treatments in different countries. The tree popular for its edible fruit is widely cultivated in tropical and sub-tropical areas.
Instructions for Planting
- Collect seeds of a fully ripe fruit from a tree having excellent production and good health.
- The seeds should be planted as soon as possible as they lose their viability very quickly. (approx. 6 months).
- The seeds should be planted horizontally 2-3 cm deep and should be planted keeping good space in between, say at a distance of 1.5 cm.
- The seeds start germinating within 30 days. However, if you want to speed up germination process and success rate then You should scarify the seeds with sandpaper and soak them in warm water before planting.
- The Ideal temperature for growing Annona Squamosa is around 10-30 C. Despite being a tropical tree, Sita Phal has some resistance to cold.
- A tree should be watered every 3 to 5 days while it is flowering and setting fruits and adequate moisture should be maintained in soil to encourage vegetative growth and new blooms.
- Sita Phal can be cultivated in a wide range of soils, from sandy, clay to loamy but it thrives best in fertile, loose, deep and neutral or slightly alkaline soil.
- Humidity should be maintained above 60% during the flowering period to increase the productivity.
Instructions for Care
- Complete fertilizers should be applied in the initial years of Planting.
- Application of 60 to 80 kg of aged manure or compost annually is recommended.
- The Sita Phal tree should be pruned only during the springs if you are in cold climate.
- Sanitary pruning should be done to remove branches and fruits that are damaged after each harvest.
- Sita Phal Tree should be planted in a location that is sheltered from the wind as the tree is susceptible to wind damage.
- Mulching or herbicides should be used to protect the tree from weeds.